The Grace Cossington Smith biennial art award 2021
The Grace Cossington Smith Gallery and Abbotsleigh are pleased to announce the call for entries for the Grace Cossington Smith art award 2021.
Submissions are invited from Australian artists, aged over 18, for original work in any two dimensional media in response to the theme Making Connections.
The award theme is inspired by the work of Abbotsleigh Old Girl and artist Grace Cossington Smith who made connections with her changing world through her drawing and painting.
There will be an exhibition of up to 40 finalists with three awards and a winner's exhibition in the following year.
- $15,000 awarded to the winner (acquisitive).
- $2,500 awarded to an early-career artist.
- $2,500 awarded to a local artist from Hornsby and Ku-ring-gai area.
- The winners share a three-week group exhibition at the GCS Gallery in 2022
- Online entry opens 1 March 2021
29 August 2021 midnight
- Selected finalists listed on website 25 September 2021
- Delivery 26 to 30 October 2021
- Exhibition 6 November to 4 December 2021
- Opening and award presentation 6 November 2021
- Collection 7 to 11 December 2021
Please read the Conditions of Entry before filling in the form.
GCS art award_conditions of entry.pdf
We look forward to your entry.
PLEASE NOTE: The 2021 Entry form supports all MODERN browsers (e.g. recent releases of Chrome, Edge, Firefox and Safari). Legacy browsers like Internet Explorer are NOT supported.
GCS Art Award 2018
GCS Art Award 2016
GCS Art Award 2015
GCS Art Award 2014